|Two years to six months before...
- Choose the date, place and time. Arrange the
wedding with the clergyman/registrar
- Book the Hotel and arrange to see the manager to
discuss budget and type
- Choose your best man and bridesmaid, page boys and
- Select your wedding cake, photographer, video
cameraman, wedding cars and
- Choose the wedding rings. Buy them now to allow
for any alterations
- Book the honeymoon.
- Order your wedding stationery.
|Ten to eight weeks before...
- Discuss the Order of Service with the minister and
order printed sheets.
- Post wedding invitations at least two months before
and keep a record of
who has accepted.
- Make an appointment to see your doctor and dentist
- Find out about inoculations you may need if you are
going on holiday abroad.
- If you want to change the name on your passport for
your honeymoon, make
sure you have sent it away in plenty of time.
- Organise your going-away outfit.
- Arrange to hire groom's outfit.
- Make wedding present list.
- Send thank you letters for the presents immediately
- Order flowers for the wedding party.
- Check that the hotel for the wedding night is
|Six weeks before...
- Supply the florist with details of the colour scheme
of the wedding and
agree on the choice of flowers. Order buttonholes for the mother of the
bride, and the mother of the groom after checking what they will be
- Choose and order the presents for the bridesmaids,
other attendants and
the best man.
- Check with the registrar about the marriage
|Four weeks before...
- Have final fitting for wedding dress.
- Visit hairdressers and plan your hairstyle for the
- Practise wedding make-up if it will give you extra
- See clergyman and agree a date for the
- Arrange for the marriage schedule to be completed and
returned at least
15 days before the wedding.
|Two weeks to go...
- Inform the hotel of the final number of guests at
least 14 days before.
- Check if there are any other big events taking place
in the area to allow
for extra time for the journey to the church.
- Make a final check on the wedding photographer, the
cake, cars and flowers.
- Try on your honeymoon clothes.
- Check overseas travel documents, travellers' cheques,
licence, if necessary.
|One week to go...
- Wrap gifts for attendants.
- Remind groom to place correct fees for the minister,
organist, choir in
cash in marked envelopes and give these to the best man.
- Pack honeymoon clothes and check honeymoon
- Ensure that the bride's mother or some other
appropriate person is responsible
for taking home the bride's dress and accessories after the
The best man should take charge of the groom's clothes and, if they are
hired, return them.
- Arrange for your wedding notice to appear in the
|The day before...
- Arrange for your luggage to be taken to reception
- Have manicure, wash hair and have an early
|On the day...
- Sleep as late as you can without missing the ceremony.
- Have a leisurely bath and a good breakfast.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get dressed, and in
the bride's case extra
time to do your hair and make-up.